Thank you for your support and awesome play for Power Story. Here are some helpful links and information which can help you to continue exploring sustainable energy and your power.
(You can also share your "Power Story" here! - What was your experience with energy? Any other ideas to save Bloomington from blackouts? Any good tips to save the energy?)
Videos from The Grid (Animation by David Burnett)
- Crude oil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1chV2Z1bGA
- Coal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKQzF3RCNTY
- "Nucle-armite": https://youtu.be/_6ZBwUmhE8U
- Fracking tower: https://youtu.be/U4LIN5NhFBo
- Fracking news: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwlHZxO0w0c
- Biomethane: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpk0RTG4VsU
- Hydropower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsnRHo9YBdI
- Solar energy: https://youtu.be/IPRTuDR7BPQ
- Wind energy: https://youtu.be/OglRkLtH-4s
- Kirby Misperton Protection Camp 2017 video: https://youtu.be/UG99oSCm-8E
- Frack Free Ryedale: http://frackfreeryedale.org/
- Friends of the Earth: https://www.foe.co.uk/campaigns/climate/issues/fracking_background_information_33157
Good Energy - renewable energy supplier: https://www.goodenergy.co.uk/
- WWF Carbon footprint calculator: http://footprint.wwf.org.uk/
- Zero Carbon Britain: http://zerocarbonbritain.com/en/
- How will climate change affect food production?: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2012/sep/19/climate-change-affect-food-production
- A Crude Awakening: The Oil Crash (2006) by Basil Gelpke and Raymond McCormack - A theatrical documentary on the planet's dwindling oil resources.
- Mission Blue (2014) - Feature documentary about legendary oceanographer, marine biologist, environmentalist and National Geographic Explorer-in-Residence Sylvia Earle, and her campaign to create a global network of protected marine sanctuaries.